Model 4600 Pinch Bottom Bag Closer
The Model 4600 Pinch Bottom Bag Closer is designed to close stepped-end multiwall bags after the bag has been filled with product.
Once filled, the bag closer activates the pre-applied hot melt adhesive on the bags and folds over the top to seal the closure.
As the filled bag moves along a conveyor, the bag top is manually or automatically formed and fed into the entrance guide of the closer.
V-belts then convey the bag top through the bag closer. The bag enters between the creasing rollers to set the fold line and to fold the bag top 90 degrees. The bag enters above the hot air nozzle where hot air, under regulated pressure and temperature, is forced against the pre-applied adhesive to activate it. Finally, the bag top passes through a series of compression rollers to compress the fold and set the adhesive.
- Closes Up to 20 Bags Per Minute (Up to 70 Ft / Minute Continuous Seal Speed)
- Bag Types: Stepped End Multi-Wall PBOM Open Mouth Bags (Paper Bag with Pre-Applied Glue Strip)
- Control Air: 60 PSI
- Electrical Requirements – 240 Volt / 1 Phase / 60 Cycle
Customers Interested in This Machine Were Also Interested In:
- 307 Series Bag Closing Conveyors
- 308 Series “V-Trough” Bag Closing Conveyors
- 304 Series Incline Bag Flattener Conveyors
- Robotic Bag Palletizing Systems
In This Site
Pages of Interest
Search This Site
Latest Production Tip
- Bag Filling Machine BasicsNovember 14, 2018 - 10:08 pm
Often customers come to us with a specific bag filling machine in mind, but after a few minutes of conversation with us about what they want to accomplish in their production line, a different bagging machine is recommended, often a less costly solution. This post will describe the three basic types of industrial and agricultural […]
- The Importance of Pressure for Cement Bagging Machine PerformanceJune 28, 2016 - 7:09 pm
It’s not surprising that pressure is an important factor in bagging dry bulk powders; for a cement bagging machine or concrete bagging machine it is especially critical to speed and weight accuracy. This article explains how one customer significantly improved productivity and accuracy by following the fundamentals. Our Model 730 Pressure Flow Air Packer is one […]