Model 4600 Pinch Bottom Bag Closer
The Model 4600 Pinch bottom bag closer is used to close pre-glued stepped-end multi-wall paper bags. It produces sift resistant bag closure for a wide array of products from food ingredients, industrial chemicals, pet food, pesticides and fertilizers at rates of up to 20 bags per minute.
How the Model 4600 Works:
Once a bag is filled, the 4600 activates the pre-applied hot melt adhesive on the bags and folds over the top to seal the closure. As the filled bag moves along a closing conveyor, the bag top is manually or automatically formed and fed into the entrance guide of the closer. V-belts then convey the bag top through the bag closer. The bag enters between the creasing rollers to set the fold line and to fold the bag top 90 degrees. The bag enters above the hot air nozzle where hot air, under regulated pressure and temperature, is forced against the pre-applied adhesive to activate it. Finally, the bag top passes through a series of compression rollers to compress the fold and set the adhesive.
- Closes Up to 20 bags per minute (up to 70 ft/minute continuous seal speed)
- Bag types: stepped end multi-wall PBOM open mouth bags (paper bag with pre-applied glue strip)
- Control air: 60 PSI
- Electrical requirements – 240 volt / 1 phase / 60 cycle
Model 4600 Pinch Bottom Bag Closer Options:
- 307 Series Bag Closing Conveyors
- 308 Series “V-Trough” Bag Closing Conveyors
- 304 Series Incline Bag Flattener Conveyors
- Robotic Bag Palletizing Systems